Hepburn shares football tips with middle school students at Detroit Lions Camp

big rattler
0
From The Voice newspaper in Michigan:

Brandon Hepburn could be relaxing in a tropical location, taking it easy with training camp lurking around the corner.

Instead, Hepburn, a second-year Detroit Lions linebacker, spent a gorgeous Thursday at L'Anse Creuse Middle School East, sharing his football knowledge with 35 young kids at the Detroit Lions Camp.

"The Lord put it on my heart that I should be able to help some of the kids," said Hepburn, from Florida A&M. "Coming into this offseason I wanted to be involved. I talked to my teammates and they let me know.

"This is the first camp I heard about, so I've been involved with (Lions linebacker) Stephen Tullock's camp. I wanted to be part of something. I ended up joining it and I haven't regretted it."

Hepburn, who signed pictures of himself for every camper, said it's the little things that make participating worth his time.

"Seeing their faces, seeing them play the game," he said. "Helping them learn the right way to tackle and catch the ball. Injury prevention. All of those things make it rewarding."

Lions camps, in their 11th year, are now held in 31 locations around the state.

Read the full story here.
Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !